- A Mac or PC computer with access to the internet
- Familiarity with programming concepts and logic.
Course Title: Fullstack Web Development: From Frontend to Backend
The Fullstack Web Development course is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge to build end-to-end web applications, covering both the frontend and backend development aspects. This comprehensive course combines theory, practical exercises, and hands-on projects to provide students with a solid foundation in web development, enabling them to create dynamic and interactive web applications.
- Understand the fundamentals of backend development, including server-side programming python, databases, APIs, and security.
- Learn popular frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue.js) and backend frameworks (e.g., Node.js, Django, Ruby on Rails) to build dynamic web applications.
- Develop skills in designing and building RESTful APIs to enable communication between the frontend and backend systems.
- Acquire knowledge of database management systems and learn how to interact with databases from both the front end and back end.
- Explore authentication and authorization mechanisms to ensure secure access control for users.
- Understand deployment strategies and tools to launch full-stack applications to production environments.
- Develop problem-solving and critical-thinking skills through hands-on projects and real-world application development.
- Frontend Development:
- HTML5, CSS3, and responsive design
- Introduction to frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue.js)
- Single-page applications and state management
- Backend Development:
- Introduction to server-side programming languages (e.g Python)
- Backend frameworks (e.g., Node.js, Django, Ruby on Rails)
- Handling HTTP requests and responses
- Routing and middleware concepts
- Databases and Data Persistence:
- Overview of database management systems
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Interacting with databases using query languages (e.g., SQL) and ORM frameworks
- Data modeling and database design principles
- Building RESTful APIs:
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Handling request validation and response formatting
- Authentication and authorization for API endpoints
- Documentation and versioning of APIs
- Frontend-Backend Integration:
- Communicating between the frontend and backend using APIs
- Fetching and displaying data from backend services
- Implementing user authentication and session management
- Authentication and Security:
- User authentication and registration processes
- Secure password storage and encryption
- Implementing authorization mechanisms (e.g., role-based access control)
- Securing APIs against common security threats
- Deployment and DevOps:
- Deployment strategies and hosting options (e.g., cloud platforms, server configurations)
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Monitoring and logging of full stack applications
- Performance optimization and scalability considerations
Course Project: Throughout the course, students will work on a comprehensive fullstack project where they will apply the concepts and skills learned to build a complete web application. The project will involve designing and developing both the frontend and backend components, integrating with databases, implementing authentication mechanisms, and deploying the application to a production environment.
- No prior knowledge required
- Dedication to learn and grow
By the end of this course, students will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to develop full-stack web applications, enabling them to pursue careers as full-stack developers or take on projects that require end-to-end web development expertise.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 28
- Assessments Yes