- System Specifications: Any brand of graphic capable laptop, preferably laptop with Intel Core i3, i5 or i7, minimum of 4GB internal memory.
- Complete Beginners
Course Title: Graphic Design with Adobe Illustrator: Mastering Vector Creativity
Course Overview: The Graphic Design with Adobe Illustrator course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of graphic design principles and techniques using Adobe Illustrator, a powerful vector graphics software widely used in the design industry. Through a combination of theory, hands-on exercises, and practical projects, students will learn how to create scalable and visually captivating designs, illustrations, and logos.
- Gain proficiency in using Adobe Illustrator as a tool for graphic design.
- Understand the principles of graphic design and their application in visual communication.
- Develop skills in creating vector-based illustrations, logos, and graphic elements.
- Learn advanced techniques for shape creation, manipulation, and transformation.
- Explore typography and text design principles using Illustrator.
- Master color theory and its application in design using Illustrator’s tools and features.
- Acquire knowledge of composition and layout design for different design projects.
- Build a comprehensive portfolio of graphic design projects using Adobe Illustrator.
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator:
- Overview of Adobe Illustrator’s interface, tools, and functionalities
- Understanding vector graphics and their advantages
- Optimizing workflows and organizing projects effectively
- Shape Creation and Manipulation:
- Mastering shape creation tools and techniques (e.g., Pen Tool, Shape Builder)
- Understanding anchor points and path manipulation
- Creating custom shapes and compound paths
- Illustration and Logo Design:
- Developing vector-based illustrations and digital artwork
- Creating logos and brand identities
- Incorporating typography and graphic elements into designs
- Typography and Text Design:
- Understanding typography principles and best practices
- Manipulating and formatting text creatively
- Designing typographic compositions and layouts
- Color Theory and Application:
- Exploring color modes, swatches, and gradients in Illustrator
- Understanding color harmony and contrast in design
- Creating and managing color palettes effectively
- Advanced Drawing Techniques:
- Using advanced drawing tools and features (e.g., Blob Brush, Pencil Tool)
- Applying brush strokes and creating custom brushes
- Incorporating texture and depth into illustrations
- Composition and Layout Design:
- Principles of visual composition and layout design
- Applying grids and guides for effective design layouts
- Balancing elements and creating focal points in design compositions
- Print and Digital Design:
- Designing for print materials, such as brochures, posters, and packaging
- Creating graphics and assets for digital media and web design
- Exporting files for different output formats and platforms
Course Project: Throughout the course, students will work on a series of hands-on projects, applying the techniques and principles learned in each topic. They will design various graphic materials, including illustrations, logos, typography compositions, print materials, and web graphics. Instructors and peers will provide feedback to help students refine their work and build a professional portfolio.
- Basic computer literacy and familiarity with Adobe Illustrator is recommended.
- No prior graphic design experience is required.
By the end of this course, students will have a strong foundation in graphic design principles and techniques using Adobe Illustrator. They will be equipped with the skills to create scalable and visually compelling vector-based designs, illustrations, logos, and typography. This course will prepare students for careers as graphic designers, illustrators, or provide them with valuable design skills for various professional endeavors
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 55 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 27
- Assessments Yes